21 January 2012

Project 365 - Week 3





This is my only P365 picture this week (and it's still in progress).  It is the first thing I have ever knit in my life.  Earlier this winter, I offered to lend my husband one of my scarfs on a pretty cold day and he refused it on account of one of the blues in it was not "manly" enough.  From that, somewhere in the depths of my brain, came the idea that I would *make* him a scarf.

I first tried to teach myself using yarn, needles and an instruction book from Walmart.  We will never speak of that again.  I then went to a yarn shop in the Heights and, for the price of the yarn, they sat down and helped me learn how to do the knit stitch.  I have been back several times since to get stuff ripped out and start again.  At this point, the scarf is almost done!  It's nearly five feet long and I should be able to add some fringe on with the shop's help and call it good.  Look forward to surprising the Spousal Unit with it :).

4 comments:

  1. Have fun knitting, that is something I have thought about trying but have not been brave enough to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do cross stitch all the time, but I'm not brave enough to try knitting either. That looks great - I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your first project...looking forward to seeing more in the future...i love knitting and crocheting. i've just started learning 'circular needles and double-tipped needles', lots of challenges but fun to learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a manly scarf! :) Good job on your first project, too. I'm sure the SU will appreciate it and put it to good use!

    ReplyDelete